Tuesday 13 January 2009

11th – 18th April - Ledbury Artplace Challenge Exhibition

Tantalising Tag Books (from Angie Hughes)
I’ve been thinking about a new challenge for all you keen artists out there and I’ve come up with a tag book challenge. They are basically little books made by putting an eyelet in each page and linking them together with a binder ring. The ones I originally saw were luggage tag shaped but you can make them any size or shape you like. My first tag book was inspired by some bird rubber stamps I bought and part of a song I know called ‘The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs’. I included text on each page so the challenge should you choose to accept it is to make a tag book that includes text.

I took photos of the ones we worked on at the artplace workshop and you can see them on the artplace blog

http://eurekamomentsledburyartplace.blogspot.com/2008/10/tantalising-textile-tag-books.html

You can use any kind of material wood, metal, cloth, paper etc. to make it out of it doesn’t have to be a textile piece. If you would like a pattern for the size and shape of the ones I made and some instructions please let me know, otherwise let your creativity run wild!!!!

We will exhibit the Tag books at Ledbury Artplace,

· There will be a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize. We will invite some prestigious judges!!!
· Entry fee will be £5 (Limited to 2 tagbooks per applicant if you have time to do 2!)
· Important !! Applications to be received by Mon 30th March (to help me to put a catalogue together) application form attached (or I can post one to you if you can’t open the attachment).
· Delivery of tagbooks to Ledbury Artplace by 12 noon Thursday 9th April. (please include return postage)
· Exhibition Saturday 11th April – Saturday 18th April (prize giving preview on Friday 10th April 7pm onwards).

No comments:

Farncombe Estate Centre's Fan Box

Where to find us and what we do

Farncombe Estate is situated just outside the Cotswold village of Broadway. We are approximately 50 minutes from Oxford, Birmingham and Bristol and easily located from the M5, M40 and M42.

There is a direct rail service from London Paddington to Moreton in Marsh which is our nearest rail station. To help rail travellers we offer a return taxi collection service from the station.

For a location map and further directions please visit our website.